Keep It Simple Simon. The KISS Principle is an acronym well know across the globe. I believe the first time I heard it my high school teacher used, ‘Keep It Simple Stupid’ instead. We’re not here to offend though so Simon, please keep reading if you want to learn the basics of skin care.
Today, an updated skin care routine and a look into the products I am currently using. These are all tried and tested and include the best possible ingredients and leaves out the ones you don’t want, for the most part. Warning this is going to feature pretty much all Neutrogena products because, if you’re not already aware, they’re my favourite skin care company. So enjoy 😊
Here’s my video if you’d like to check it out!
Morning Routine (AM)
Wash your hands, we don’t need any toilet germs on your hands 😂
1. Wash face with a gentle cleanser. Massage cleanser with fingers over the entire face avoiding eyes. Rinse the cleanser off well to remove any residue and wash over eyes at this point.
Pro Tip – combine cleanser with luke warm water. You don’t want to freak your face out with too cold or too hot, just something that’s comfortable. Luke warm is always recommended during any stage of the face cleansing process.
2. Apply an active cleanser of your choice to your face. BHA OR AHA are chemical exfoliants found in some cleansers and help with acne and skin problems. With circular motions, use your fingers to apply only to the areas that require treatment. You can allow it to sit on the skin for a few minutes if you wish. Then rinse off completely.
3. Pat dry or if you feel comfortable, go in straight with a wet face to moisturise face and neck. Let this air dry then continue.
My Product of choice; currently alternating between the two above, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture AUD $12.49 (a classic I have been using for years) and the newbie from their Hydro Boost Range, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel AUD $14.99
My Product of Choice; If I’m wearing makeup then I go in with a chemical sunscreen Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Fluid AUD $13.99 as it sits well underneath makeup. However if it’s a makeup free day (which more often than not), this Physical sunscreen by Neutrogena, Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Dry-Touch AUD $17.49 Note: I haven’t tried to use this under makeup as yet but I will experiment soon enough.
If you’re wondering what on Earth a chemical and physical sunscreen is, stay tuned as I will talk more about sunscreens in a different blog/video. Be sure to follow my blog and subscribe to my YouTube channel for notifications on updates.
Evening Routine (PM)
Finished chopping up onion and garlic for dinner earlier? Make sure to cleanse off irritants and germs before touching your face and wash your hands.
- Remove bulk of sunscreen and/or makeup (if worn) with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water AUD $9.99 + DMP Health Deluxe Fiber Microfiber Facial Cloth.
- Wash face with a gentle cleanser with fingers or facial cloth, then rinse off completely.
- AHA or BHA cleanser, allow to sit on the skin then rinse off completely.
- Apply thin layer of emollient to dry areas or places my skin need extra hydration to heal damaged skin.
That’s it! I’d also recommend you now apply your favourite lip balm and hand/body moisturiser too and settle in for the evening. Your skin will thank you for taking the extra time to look after it.
I hope you’ve enjoyed an update on my skin care routine for the morning and evening.
As always remember to love your health!