If you’re a subscriber to my blog you’ll know how much I express the need for a basic and simple skin care routine to which (I think) I’ve done.
I suppose this is a very intimate type of post. Anyone and everyone can view it and it’ll be plastered online for all to see once I click ‘publish’.
Shoutout to Irene of icxbeauty, her kindness and support triggered a need to begin blogging again after a long slump.
Over the years I have become more comfortable in showing my naked face. Now this is coming from a girl who for 10 years straight would not leave the house without foundation.
Yes, my skin is not the worst. I can appreciate that. However, over the course of years, this bumpy, somewhat itchy rash has appeared on my face for years, fluctuating at times, possibly getting worse during the winter months as humidity levels drop. But also it could’ve been my absolute crap skincare routine. I didn’t have one except washing with bar soap and water. But maybe this minimalism did me somewhat some good?
But it seems I’m unable to completely shift these raised bumps of flesh no matter what product I use.
And so through this blogging journey I hope to help you the reader with some problems you may experience. You’re not alone.
This girl, along with the help of her trusty GP (and hopefully not an expensive Dermatologist) are going to get down to the bottom of this issue. I want to take you along my journey and also document these pics for reference.
So far, using my sleuth abilities and hours of relentless scouring of forums and sub-reddits alike, I’ve considered the following culprits;
- All my current skincare routine products
- Makeup – face products in particular
- My BC Pill
- Not removing sunscreen completely, residue
- Rosacea (grandmother had it)
- Fungal Acne
- Dermatitis (I get the most itchiest inner ear canals, spots of flaky skin on my ear, constant pinkish tone to my skin)
- Comedonal Acne aka clogges pores that just wont budge
- My laundry detergent
- My sensitive skin
- My allergies/sensitivities to the medications Penicillin and Trimethoprim (sulfonamide antibiotic)
What I’ve changed in the recent 2 weeks
- Started Doxycycline 50mg
- Started a different type of BC Pill (Yasmin)
- Gone back to Neutrogena products I used back in the day
- Eliminating sunscreen for the moment. Yes I know, I’m not happy about this either but I am covering my body when in the sun, using hats and sunnies and running for shade when I’m outside believe me! Doxy can make you burn more easily FYI
- Changed my laundry detergent after 5+ years to a dye and fragrance-free alternative
- Cut out using fabric softener when washing my bed linen
Here’s my skin currently
If I could tell myself what University degree to follow when I was in High School, I’d choose to be a Derm. Although there’s nothing stopping me now right?
Love your health.