Interested in finding out how I’m trying to reach clearer skin? Keep reading…
Hello returning readers to another update on my skin journey.
If you’ve done that, then lets continue where I left off.
Finding a Happy Place
This is constantly being tweaked by myself and my Doctor however right now, it seems to keep my skin happy. By that I mean I’m not experiencing:
- Itchiness has decreased
- Texture remains somewhat ‘controlled’
- I am not cleansing my face in the AM
- PM, swipe face with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (pink cap) to cleanse and remove sunscreen, makeup and impurities
- Rinse face well with luke warm water using finger pads to gently exfoliate
- Tissue dry face lightly and apply Hamilton Urederm Cream, 20% Urea
- Apply Vaseline aka Petroleum Jelly over the top as an occlusive to seal it in and reduce moisture loss
- Aloe Vera Gel straight from the leaf x 2 times a week for extra moisture
- Face towel once a week to slough off any dead skin
- Beauty sleep 😉
My skin is super sensitive so actives can make my skin go haywire pretty quickly if I’m not careful.
- Apply Nizoral 2% Ketoconazole as a mask x 1 time a week
- Swipe face with Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme containing – 5% Glycolic, Salicylic and Lactic Acid x 2-3 times a week, alternating days in between
This reduces the possibility of malassezia growth and the AHA + BHA helps break down the bumps.
After 3 months of trying to fix these skin problems, my GP has decided she would refer me to a Dermatologist for consideration. While I wait, she did prescribe Duac a gel cream containing Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide to be applied once every evening.
Picture time, Picture time
Welcome back to my aqua spare room. The studio where I bring to you the best naturally lit photos. Hey, I almost blend into the background.
What the future will bring…?
I will have another update in a few weeks time to discuss any improvements with the use of Duac. Going into this, I feel uncertain as to whether it will help.
Could this be the cure? Will I need to see the Dermatologist after all?
Consider following my blog for further updates.
I hope you’re having a pleasant day/evening 🙂
Remember to love your health.