Tis the season to be jolly and wear a lot of red!
It’s Christmas Eve and before that special day, I need to share with you one of my favourite lipsticks. Very appropriate!
A long-wearing Lipstick formula with intense colour payoff and a completely matte finish.
Long-wearing, eight hours
What’s not to love about this classic red lip?
This iconic, blue-red, very matte lipstick will suit all skin tones for a properly perfect pout.
- I would strongly suggest applying MAC’s Prep + Prime Lip or at the very least a lip balm (which is what I use). This will allow for smoother application
- Use a red lip liner to fill in your lips. This creates a base. I use MAC’s ‘Cherry’ lip liner (as seen in featured pic above) it seems in the years after I bought ‘Cherry’ they have now got an actual ‘Ruby Woo’ lip liner. (*coughs* why do I still want to buy this even though Cherry has literally been sharpened once since purchase and I don’t need it??)
- Apply lipstick straight from the bullet
- You can use a brush to apply more layers
- Re-draw your lips to perfect any of the outer lines
Things to keep in mind
Red lips are capable of taking your makeup to the next level or making your face look more awake in the blink of an eye.
- It also has a way of drawing your eyes to any other red things on your face, i.e that pimple, that vein, capillary or that dry patch of skin. Fair people beware! Tanned skin lovelies, you’re lucky.
- Be sure to cover up your face as to not draw attention to that red area because human nature will cause people’s eyes to match the red on your lips to the red on your cheek etc.
I have worn this to big occasions and small dinners and sometimes just during the day, the staying power is always there and it hardly transfers onto any cutlery or glassware. It is very matte, but so gorgeous, a holy grail in my opinion.
So have I got you convinced why you might want to wear this for Christmas? 😀
Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas!