As the heatwaves continue to melt most of Australia, let’s take a look at a facial sunscreen I’ve been using regularly.
Welcome to my first blog post of 2019! I hope you’ve enjoyed my Instagram Summer Filler content during the holidays. I have to say, I think I do a lot better creating those spontaneous posts than I do scheduled ones!
What better way to begin than with this. I’ve become obsessed with skincare in the recent year and now more so finding facial sunscreen’s that provide excellent protection that are aesthetically pleasing.
Two sunscreen’s I’ve been loving over Summer were actually ones I won in a giveaway last year. I used and reviewed the sample La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch SPF50+ Sunscreen For Oily Skin in my ‘Mini Instagram Review’ on IG stories.
I’m so grateful to have received them because I love them both equally. Let’s discuss the full size sunscreen next.
Water, Ethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methacrylic Acid Lauryl/Methacrylic Acid Crosspolymer, Alkyl Benzoate (C12-15), Bis Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Hexyl Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Dimethyl Silylate Silica, Dpg, Xylitol, Dextrin Palmitate, Acrylates/Alkyl (C10-30) Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-9, Glyceryl Stearate, Amp, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Agar, Isoceteth-20, Alkyl (C30-45) Methicone, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Olefin (C30-45), Sodium Hydroxide, Bg, Pg, Sodium Hyaluronate, Royal Jelly Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Lemon Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Edta-2, Bht
This has a strong, alcohol scent. But it’s something that goes away once absorbed. Don’t be alarmed. Alcohol actually helps sunscreen filters perform well.
Why is it great?
- Lightweight – Feels like nothing on the skin
- No white cast – Casper be gone
- Easy to apply – This is literally like smoothing water over your skin
- Doesn’t make me look oily or greasy with hours wear – This is huge
- Sweat resistant – Perfect to wear to the beach
- Contains Hyaluronic acid – Great moisturising/hydrating formulation
- Works well under makeup – Didn’t get any pilling
There’s a reason why this is a bestseller in Japan!
- Shake your bottle well, it’s important as the chemical filters need a chance to ‘come alive’ after settling in the bottle. Of course this also means even distribution of UV filters
- Apply about a teaspoon to your face and neck, don’t forget your ears
- It feels much like a gel moisturiser on your face, comfortable and cool
- It dries down to a dewy finish, you’ll enjoy the moisturising feel of it
- The secret to wrinkle free, youthful skin is never going to be in that expensive serum. Spending your money on a sunscreen that works as well as this one is my suggestion
So how do I get one?
The best way of getting your hands on this product is online, unless of course you have the pleasure to travel to a country that stocks it. Online is your best bet for the most part.
I will repurchase from this site in future.
Watch out! Browsing this site is dangerous, says the girl with multiple items sitting in the wish list section. Come on restock *crosses fingers*
Happy New Year!
I truly hope that 2019 brings you all that you dream of.
Remember to love your health.