Public service announcement! Get to your nearest DAISO because well, you’ll see when you get there…
I have a post on a little DAISO haul from last year here if you want to see what beauty items I picked up.
I went there twice and you’ll notice I have two brush cleaners. Today I test the Puff Sponge Detergent.
Gets rid of foundation stains right away!
Surfactant 34%, polyoxyethylene alkyl ether, fatty acid alkanol amide, stabilizer, water softening agent. Mildly alkaline.
I’m going to use this on brushes because at the moment, I am not using a Beauty Blender or beauty sponge for makeup application.
Note: All brushes had 2 applications worth of products as indicated below (powder or cream).
- Foundation brush – Used for powder foundation (Bare Minerals)
- Eye shadow blending brush – Used for blending a matte eye shadow (Tarte Toasted palette)
- Flat shader brush – Used for cream eye shadow base (MAC Paint Pot)
- Pre-rinse brushes in lukewarm water
- Drip 4 drops of detergent into my hand
- Swirl brush bristles in a circular motion
- Rinse well under lukewarm water until water runs clear
- Leave to air dry
The detergent created enough soap suds to lift the pigment from each of the brushes used for powders and cream products. It’s consistency is in-between regular dish washing detergent and a gel/clear shampoo.
- Foundation brush – Looked and felt clean
- Eye shadow blender – Pigment removed, bristles came back to original colour
- Eye shadow shader – No residue of cream product left in bristles (I actually had a clump of old product sitting way down in the middle section of the brush and it removed the old stain).
I did not need to go in again to wash these with more detergent.
I love that this is free from fragrance as my sensitive skin would probably disagree with harsh cleaning chemicals coming into contact with it. I’m happy to have found this product as recommended by so many beauty worshipers.
I wish this came in a jumbo size and maybe a pump though! It’s a bargain price but I’ll see how long this lasts me.
I will review the other brush cleaner at a later date so be sure to follow my blog an other social media for updates.
Let me know your thoughts on this product, if you’ve tried it or are thinking of purchasing it 🙂
Love your health.