Did you know that thirst can actually make you feel hungry? Try drinking one glass of water before you reach for that Snickers bar. If after 30 min you still aren’t satisfied, then you may eat something. So what to choose? You’ll want to find something that will satisfy your hunger but also be nutritious.
A healthy selection of delicious snacks include;
- 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter, smooth or crunchy or something in between, whatever you fancy really
- Apple quarters topped with about 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter dusted with a sprinkling of cinnamon
- Yoghurt and berry bowl (I love strawberries but you can mix any in really like blueberries or raspberries) You could even top this with a sprinkling of protein mix
- Carrot or celery sticks, tricks my mind into thinking I’m eating chips
- Hommus and brown crackers
- Popcorn, homemade with kernels is best with a sprinkling of salt or cinnamon
- Fruit. Yes too much fructose is not a good thing but I ate all the fruit I wanted for dessert most nights and still lost weight however, I advise you proceed with caution
Remember; munching on sweet and salty snacks occasionally is okay. Treat yourself! But also be honest with yourself. If you’re putting in more than you exert in physical activity then maybe it’s time for a change.
Love your health.