So it may be the end of a long week and you’re looking for a little me time?
Here’s my rendition of a relaxing evening routine that will have you ready for the land of relaxation and slumber.
- Pour yourself a mug or glass of your favourite drink and head on over to the ‘spa’ *ahem* your bathroom
- Remove all your jewellery and accessories and put your hair up into a bun so it’s out of the way. I love using a fuzzy hair turban too 🙂
- Fill up your bath tub and add your favourite bath bomb, bath salts or bubble bath product and as you wait,
- Complete your skincare routine to remove sunscreen/and or makeup
- Apply a sheet mask or any mask of your choice to your face, you could even use this as an opportunity to use some nose strips (the pain of ripping it off after kind of puts me off adding this to a relaxing night time routine, but the option is there)
- Take a long soak in the bath
- Take advantage of the bath water and use an exfoliating mitt/glove or body scrub to get rid of all your dead skin cells, something I neglect to do when taking a quick shower!
- Moisturise your body with your fav body lotion and don’t forget to apply serums, lotions and moisturisers to your face as well
- Get into your PJ’s
- Make yourself a warm drink such as decaf coffee, hot tea or a hot chocolate
- Eat an indulgent snack
- Moisturise your hands and apply your favourite lip balm/mask to hydrate your lips
- I like to read a magazine or book, sometimes watch IG stories and I do catch up with some of my YouTube subscriptions. All of the latter make me somewhat tired although I know the screens aren’t the best *cringes*
- Write down your to do list for the next day or week
- Reflect on goals, past achievements buy writing them down in a journal or you could put a little mediation music on and visualise
Do you have a relaxing technique you’d like to share? Or maybe you could use a few of these for your next at home spa session. I hope it gave you some relatively easy ideas.
Remember to always take a little time out of your day for ‘me time’.
Love your health.