All of these looks were created with the following staple products and tools. All the brands will have external links to prices and where to purchase for your convenience below (just highlight the word and go):
- Nars, All Day Luminous Weightless foundation, Light 2 Mont Blanc
- Tarte, Shape Tape concealer, 20B Light
- Rimmel, loose powder, Transparent
- MAC, Pro Longwear Paint Pot, Soft Ochre Paint Pot eye base
- Physician’s Formula, Butter Bronzer, Light
- Maybelline, Hypersharp Wing liquid liner, black
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bar Palette Fudge and Milk Chocolate shadows, brows
- Ardell, Duo lash glue, white/clear
- xoBeauty, lip balm, Fejioa
- Urban Decay, Troublemaker mascara, black
- MAC, Prep + Prime, Fix +, to wet eye shadows
- Urban Decay, All Nighter setting spray
Note *I’ve forgotten some of the highlighters I used (oops) but I will mention them where I remember. Most blushes are either by Milani or Tarte.
- Zoeva, piece professional eye brush set
- xoBeauty, 12 piece brush set
- Beautyblender Original
- xoBeauty, Flawless Finish Sponge
Look 1 – “The Toasty Halo”
- Tarte Tartelette Toasted Palette, s’more, cashmere, warmth, cozy, fireside
- Laura Mercier, Lip Glace, Black Cherry
- Hourglass, Ambient Lighting Bronzer, Luminous Bronze Light
- Nikkia Joy Cosmetics, unknown lashes from ‘The Petite Set’ 3rd set from the top
I love a warm eye. Would you believe I had to hide the Tarte Toasted palette so I didn’t grab for it so often? I admit, I’m quite neglectful of some of my other palettes. This was a first I’d used it in a long while, much to my other eye shadow palettes delight.
I created the ‘halo effect’ with a bit of Tarte Shape Tape on the centre of my lid and applied. It took a bit to pack on but I like the effect.
I kind of wished I bronzed a bit more around my temples and forehead. Sometimes, makeup can look so different until you photograph it.
Look 2 – “The Berry Nice”
- MAC, Wedge and Cork shadows
- Tarte, Tartelette Toasted Palette, candle, fireside
- Essence, Kajal Eye Pencil, white
- xoBeauty The Gold Digger lashes, from ‘The Dramatics’ set
- xoBeauty Lucent, highlight
- xoBeauty, Wabi Sabi matte lipstick
I won this lipstick (among so many other fabulous goodies) in a giveaway I mentioned earlier.
The universe brought to me such a fun berry shade, something so perfect for what I wanted these upcoming months.
Sadly, I don’t own a lip liner to match this, I used Kylie Cosmetics lip kit liner in Wicked but it was a little too purple but I kind of liked the effect. I would suggest using a balm underneath and then lining your lips as this is a bit patchy. Still beautiful though!
Can I quickly mention, The Gold Digger lashes by xoBeauty are one of my favs!! I love the lashes the taper from short in the inner corner to longer on the outer corner. Strip lashes can tend to look very heavy on my eyes if I’m not careful with my choice in lashes.
Look 3 – “The Stormy”
The last two looks being this one above and below have very minimal eye makeup but it’s all about playing up the lips.
This shade by Flower Beauty looks a lot more darker in person than the picture shows. Very opaque and even colour.
I love how lipsticks can turn around a look in an instant and automatically amp up your look.
Look 4 – “The Moody”
- xoBeauty The Glamourista lashes, from “The Dramatics Set”
- Make Up For Ever, Artist Shadows #4, black matte M- 240
- NYX Cosmetics, Jumbo Eye Pencil, Iced Mocha
- BECCA, Shimmering Skin Perfector, Opal
- Sephora Collection, Cream Lip Stain, 45 Chai Latte
The first of my greige toned lipsticks. Some may say muddy, some gothic, I personally love how it makes my eyes look more blue. Again, more so in person than showing up in this picture (they look a little green?)
Did you know grey is made up of the primary colours yellow, red and blue? I suppose that’s why I find it brings out the blueness but I digress, this isn’t a basic colour theory blog post.
Guys this was pretty long but I hope you stayed with me until the end and enjoyed seeing some of my makeup creations 😀
I will be posting another important blog post later today (2 blogs in one day??) be sure to read it when you get the chance.
Love your health.