Kim has never forgotten her number one skincare tip that her mother Kris Jenner shared with her. That being; to wash her face daily with a, “hot terry washcloth” for cleansing and exfoliating benefits. I wonder if she still follows her advice?
Dermatologists actually recommend firstly that lukewarm water is best, fingers or a gentle, soft washcloth or flannel/terry cloth to cleanse the face. But what really are the benefits for you?
Benefits of Microfiber Facial Washcloth
- Remove dry skin, acne, blackheads and textured bumps. With gentle, circular motions a facial cloth works to remove dead skin cells, oil and dirt.
- Gentle daily exfoliation with a facial cloth can help to reveal baby soft skin which can help reduce the size of pores and flatten closed comedones (blackheads).
- Remove your makeup. Simply add your own gentle cleanser, micellar water or lukewarm water to remove makeup and sunscreen. We all know that the most important thing to do is remove your makeup after the day to ensure restorative sleep for mind, body and skin!
- Hygienic. Microfiber is unlike normal towel fibers and ensures once washed, that any collected debris, liquids, powders or sunscreens are efficiently removed from the cloth. No harbouring nasty germs!
So what do you think? It’s a very ‘basic’ and almost old fashioned way of washing your face. But if Dermatologists think it’s good then I suppose it’s worth a shot for healthy skin right?
Love your health 🙂
Today I share with you my evening skin care routine and a little something extra!
I use my DMP Health Deluxe Fiber Facial Cloth to remove my makeup (video explanation will be below if you’re interested). It’s also a bonus as it’s a physical form of exfoliation that doesn’t give you the harshness of some facial brushes. So if you’re considering changing up or adding to your current routine then keep reading or watching if you’d prefer.
- Remove makeup – Deluxe Fiber Facial Cloth – Also acts as secondary physical exfoliant
- Cleanse – Skin Doctors pH Balancing Cleanser with AHA – Chemical exfoliant
- Apply Serum or Creams – The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% – Acts as AHA Chemical Peel (1-2 nights a week)
- Spot treat – Tea Tree Oil (when required)
- Moisturize – Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer
I allow about 30 min to pass in between my cleanser, then my serum and spot treatments and then by the time I go to sleep it’s about 60 minutes after all my chemical exfoliants have got the chance to soak in, I apply my moisturizer to rejuvenate the skin.
So you have more of any idea about my double deluxe exfoliation method check out my video to watch me go through my evening routine. It’s essentially the folding and double folding of my Deluxe Fiber Facial Cloth to create the ultimate thick, plush cloth to remove makeup. It works a charm if I do say so myself and I should know, I use it everyday so it’s tried and tested.
I think this is fast becoming one of my favorite one liners but please be sure to listen to your skin and it’s reaction to the things you place on it. Irritation, tingles that don’t fade after a minute or two, itching, acne or breakouts, redness that does not subside all could be the signs of an adverse reaction. In this case, discontinue use.
That’s it! I’m still perfecting my techniques and to some, the time and amount of products I use may seem overwhelming. To that I say, start basic and check your skin’s reaction. Good results may take time and boy do I know with those stubborn Post Inflammatory Hyper pigmentation pink spots I have on my face grr.
Patience is key and try to enjoy yourself a ‘spa like’ experience at home and take the time to pamper and love your health!